Motolab Cyclone STM32F3 Flight Controller
Please note that the Cyclone does not come with pins or other accessories to keep the cost down if you don’t require them, these must be purchased separately. Header pins, JST-SH pigtails and Spektrum satellite connectors are listed in the related products section of this page!
For documentation please see this post…
For troubleshooting please see this blog post from Moto Moto…
Following the success of the Tornado, the MotoLab Cyclone is designed to provide the most-needed features for racing and acro.
The Cyclone uses the STM32F3 CPU withARM-Cortex M4 core and floating-point coprocessor for more efficient execution of fast looptime control algorithms, along with the low-noise MPU-6000 SPI-bus gyro chip for faster acquisition of gyro data.
This board is compatible with the recent revisions of Betaflight firmware, using the betaflight_MOTOLAB target files. The PWM outputs are bidirectional, and the board is compatible with BLHeli ESC passthrough programming using an external CP2102 USB-to-serial converter connected to UART 1.
The design also provides:
- An on-board 600mA switching regulator for direct connection to lipos up to 4S, or up to 6S with power filtering.
- USB interface independent of UART channels.
- Three hardware UARTs. The UART 2 TxD signal is also pinned out to a connector.
- Reverse current protection on lipo and USB inputs for problem-free ESC calibration.
- Dedicated serial LED output with lipo voltage and GND.
- On-board buzzer driver with 5V and lipo voltage option.
- Built-in VBAT monitor with low-pass filter from lipo input.
- Built-in RSSI monitor with low-pass filter.
- Dedicated SAT receiver interface with 3.3v using JST connector for compatibility with Spektrum/LemonRC cables.
- Dedicated PPM and serial receiver interfaces with 5V power using 0.1″ headers.
- Compatibility with receivers using Spektrum 1024/2048, SBUS, SumD and SumH receivers with built-in inverter.
- High-quality gold plated 4-layer printed circuit board.
- Connector arrangement for convenient access to serial interfaces, with PWM and other device connections on sturdy through-hole pin headers.